Relevant, Specific and Timely Advice Requires Details
Compliance issues are very date-driven and revolve around this abstract concept of a "plan," as defined by ERISA (or by the federal common law for non-ERISA plans). Because compliance events arise out of plans, rather than individual policies or benefits, we'll need to know about all benefits provided under a given plan, even benefits for which your agency isn't the broker of record and benefits that don't typically don't pay commissions like healthcare FSAs, HRAs, HSA contribution vehicles, etc.
Let Us Sort Out the Details
You'll find our approach to be quite a bit different than other firms, and we hope you'll see the difference it makes. To start with, we don't use intake forms; we use our brains. Intake forms force you to make representations about many concepts relating to the benefit plan with serious compliance implications. If you're hiring an expert, why should the expert require you to make those judgments and fill in the blanks on a form?
ERISAfire doesn't do that. Instead, we ask for a few key pieces of information and perform a compliance audit. Then we on-board your clients to the compliance calendar platform for you. No intake forms. No extra work on your part; that's why you pay us.
To Get Started, Here's What We Need:
- Employer EIN and biographical information. These can be screenshots or a report from your agency management system or plain ol' typed out in an email.
- Employer coverage lines. Ditto—agency management system screenshots or a report or plain ol' typed out in an email, whatever is easiest for you.
- Current year open enrollment guide. This is the guide that was most recently given to employees that describes the current year's benefits.
- The open enrollment guide for the previous year's benefits. Yes, we want two years of open enrollment guides. You'd be surprised what year-over-year trends can tell us.
- Any wrap document the employer may currently have, or confirmation there is none.
- If it's not too much trouble, the benefit summary or booklet for each benefit.
Here's how to get it to us:
Just drag-and-drop it into the secure ERISAfire messenger (the little blue guy) or email it to us.
Watch us work our magic.
With this information, the ERISAfire team is able to complete an initial compliance audit and start setting up your client on the ERISAfire compliance calendar platform. We'll then reach back out to you to show you how the calendar works, what your client will see, etc.
Have a Question?
Remember, if you have questions any time during the project, contact us via email, phone, or ping us on the in-app messenger (the little blue guy in the corner). We're here to help.