You'll find our approach to be quite a bit different than other firms, and we hope you'll see the difference it makes. To start with, we don't use intake forms; we use our brains. Intake forms force you to make representations about many concepts relating to the benefit plan with serious compliance implications. If you're hiring an expert, why should the expert require you to make those judgments and fill in the blanks on a form?
ERISAfire doesn't do that. Instead, we ask for a few key pieces of information and perform a compliance audit. Then we start preparing the Form 5500. No intake forms. No extra work on your part; that's why you pay us.
To get started, here's what we need:
- Employer EIN and biographical information. These can be screenshots or a report from your agency management system or plain ol' typed out in an email.
- Employer coverage lines. Ditto—agency management system screenshots or a report or plain ol' typed out in an email, whatever is easiest for you.
- Current year open enrollment guide. This is the guide that was most recently given to employees that describes the current year's benefits.
- The open enrollment guide for the previous year's benefits. Yes, we want two years of open enrollment guides. You'd be surprised what year-over-year trends can tell us.
- The formal plan document (a/k/a wrap document), or confirmation that there is none.
- Any Schedules A you've received so far.
- Carrier contact info for any Schedules A you'd like us to fetch for you. Yes, you read that correctly. We're happy to run down the Schedules A.
Here's how to get it to us:
Just drag-and-drop it into the secure ERISAfire messenger (the little blue guy) or email it to us.
Watch us work our magic.
With this information, the ERISAfire team is able to begin your Form 5500 filing and complete an initial compliance audit. Once we have a draft Form 5500, we'll reach back out to you with additional questions or things we found in the compliance audit. All-in-all, we strive to be more efficient, thorough, and precise.
Have a Question?
Remember, if you have questions any time during the project, contact us via email, phone, or ping us on the in-app messenger (the little blue guy in the corner). We're here to help.